Our pets are our best friends. That has been known for years, especially when it comes to dogs. We really do love those crazy furry animals we let crawl all over us.
So when it comes to dog health questions, we want to make sure we have the right answers. A pet symptom checker can only go so far before we demand fuller answers to our canine health questions. Obviously, asking our veterinarian questions will help ease our minds. But in the mean time, here are five answers to some important dog health questions.
1. We have all heard that one human year is equivalent to seven dog years. But that might not be entirely accurate. The lifespan of a dog depends on many factors, but on average, dogs live to be about 15 years old. Remember to always check with your vet, or to at least utilize a web vet symptom checker, if you have any lingering dog health questions.
2. For any dog health questions, maybe sure to ask your vet questions when you bring in your pup. Typically, healthy dogs should see their vet one or two times per year. If you notice any dog health problems that you cannot answer, another trip to the vet is definitely in order. Web MD for dogs is also a good resource.
3. To help your buddy avoid any painful infections, take care to properly groom him or her. This includes trimming the nails, cleaning the ears, regularly brushing the fur and oral care to ensure your dog is in good health. This can avoid serious dog health issues in the future and alleviate any dog health questions you might have.
4. It only takes one infected mosquito bite for your dog to contract heart-worms. If you suspect your pooch might have been bitten and have any dog health questions or veterinary questions about heart-worms, contact your vet. Protect your puppy and make sure he or she has all her shots.
5. After the Titanic sank, three dogs made it safely home on a lifeboat. So, a walk in the winter is totally called for! But if you feel compelled to knit little Lucy a cute little sweater, that is your right as a dog owner. She will be extra warm, and your dog health questions will be answered.
To have any of your dog health questions answered, maintain a good relationship with your veterinarian. After all, our dogs are our best friends, and they deserve our care and attention. Get your dog health questions answered when they pop up, not after it might be too late.